Last week I noted the things that I managed to complete in 2018 – which was a lot and I’m still patting myself on the back for a good year. I recognize that only die-hard fans really care about this stuff, and for those of you out there who count yourselves among this rare breed of reader, let it be known that I love you all and pray you never change.
For those who watch the blog for the writing class updates and other content, this might not be the post for you. And that’s OK!
If, for reasons neither of us can fully explain, the idea of peeking inside an author’s deadline calendar entices you, then I fully welcome you to read on. Otherwise, this is mostly to keep my head on straight through the year.
So, what do I want to accomplish in 2019?
- A short story every month. These stories will vary in theme and substance and, hopefully, will find their way into the market. Others may find their way onto this site for FREE content.
- 2nd and 3rd drafts of The Castle of Three Kings completed. And then, of course, start submitting this MG/YA story to places.
- 2nd and 3rd drafts of The 13th Month completed. Also with the submission process in full swing.
- Record Enemy Souls into audio to be released in segments for FREE. The hard copy will be available for sale if people don’t want to wait a week to find out what happens.
- Release the Fact vs. Fiction edition of Tapped at the same time as Enemy Souls.
- Inmate rough draft. (Camp Nano)
- Warpath rough draft. (Nano)
- City of Cemeteries rough draft.
I am sure I’ll get sidetracked by something and replace stuff and/or scrap a project, but for now I’m sticking with this list. I look forward to seeing how much of this I can get done and I hope everyone else has fun in the coming year.