Well, as I tend to do a lot of top 10 lists, I think I should do the top 5 things I am thankful for this year. I am an optimist, so I tend to be happy about … well … nearly anything. If I got a flat tire I’d probably be less inclined to be happy, but I’d think something along the lines of; “Well, at least I have my cell phone to call for help.”
But I still think it’s important to focus on the things that have really made your life a good one. It’s just plain unhealthy to dwell on bad things and melancholy.
So! My top 5!
1) Always and forever — I am thankful for my son.
2) I am thankful for the rest of my family — including the one’s who are currently in the military and in dangerous areas. I’m grateful that we haven’t had any distressing news from them.
3) My chance to attend school. This has been a major growing experience for me — even if it is a headache a lot of times with tons of homework to do.
4) My cat. I do love my cat. He kills spiders for me.
5) My writing. I love the fact that I am a writer. It means I’m a little weird and I see things differently than a lot of people, but the actual process of writing gives me too much joy for me to ever give it up.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! If you’re doing NaNoWriMo then hurry up and eat your turkey so you can get back to work!